Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 13: Siri lost my family connections

Hi,

Since I upgrade to iOS 13, when asking Siri something like "Call my wife", or "Call my daughter..." it used to work perfectly.

Now Siri keeps asking me "who is your wife|daughter|mother".

My personal contact record is set and seen as the "Me" main card and does include Spouse, Daughter, Mother fields that are correct.

But Siri keeps asking me to tell it who is who. Very annoying.

In Settings > Siri & Search > My Information, it's correctly set to my personal contact card...

Any idea or same problem among you?

Thanks for any light

Steve

iPhone XS

Posted on Sep 21, 2019 3:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2019 4:14 PM

Hello sjordi,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that Siri no longer recognizes family members that you're trying to call, even though My Card in the Contacts app shows the contact and relationship. You've come to the right place for help.

Using the full name of each family member as it's saved in your Contacts app, I would like to start by having you tell Siri the relationship of each person again. You can do this by saying something like, "Hey Siri, (wife's name) is my wife." You should then receive a confirmation from Siri asking if you want to remember that (wife's name) is your wife. Tap yes, then test if Siri is working as expected again.

If there's no change, try turning "Hey Siri" off, then back on from Siri from Settings > Siri & Search:

Change Siri settings on iPhone - Apple Support

Keep us posted on the results.

Cheers!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2019 4:14 PM in response to sjordi

Hello sjordi,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that Siri no longer recognizes family members that you're trying to call, even though My Card in the Contacts app shows the contact and relationship. You've come to the right place for help.

Using the full name of each family member as it's saved in your Contacts app, I would like to start by having you tell Siri the relationship of each person again. You can do this by saying something like, "Hey Siri, (wife's name) is my wife." You should then receive a confirmation from Siri asking if you want to remember that (wife's name) is your wife. Tap yes, then test if Siri is working as expected again.

If there's no change, try turning "Hey Siri" off, then back on from Siri from Settings > Siri & Search:

Change Siri settings on iPhone - Apple Support

Keep us posted on the results.

Cheers!

Sep 28, 2019 5:03 AM in response to CarlAVII

Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer. This did the trick.

I think there is still a problem as once I did that, my wife, daughter, mother, etc... have been added to my "Me" card and they're duplicates. I deleted them all and did the operation again to have everything straight.

Looks like the previous "mother", "daughter" etc... are ignored from iOS under 13. Funny.

Thanks. I know can call them easily again .

Steve J

iOS 13: Siri lost my family connections

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.