Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri know my wifes name, but did not call her

I set the Name of my Wife in Contact, and as well tell Siri "XXX is my Wife". When I repeat "XXX is my Wife", Siri confirm "I already know that". When I say "Call my wife" or "Text my wife", Siri still ask "Who is your wifes name". I deleted the configuration, set it again, still not working. I really did not find the cause. Any ideas?

Using iPhone XR with the latest iOS

iPhone X

Posted on Apr 8, 2020 10:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2020 11:45 PM

Try these:

1. Restart your iPhone - Apple Support
  2. In Contacts app: Delete your wife contacts info and recreate a new one
  3. In your own contact info, scroll down and create a relationship (Add Related Name) by selecting your wife's contact info, add a label "Wife" or "Spouse"
  4. In Settings > Siri & Search > My Information > make sure your own contact info is selected.

Try "Hey Siri, call my wife"

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2020 11:45 PM in response to terra3110us

Try these:

1. Restart your iPhone - Apple Support
  2. In Contacts app: Delete your wife contacts info and recreate a new one
  3. In your own contact info, scroll down and create a relationship (Add Related Name) by selecting your wife's contact info, add a label "Wife" or "Spouse"
  4. In Settings > Siri & Search > My Information > make sure your own contact info is selected.

Try "Hey Siri, call my wife"

Apr 9, 2020 12:09 AM in response to terra3110us

Ok in that case can you please check if you have added your wife's name more than once in your Contact list.

When you ask Siri, who is my Wife? does she show the Contact details?

This just a demo. I don't have two wives!

So please search for any errors in the contact list.

I would try to crack this in this manner. See the pic below.

Apr 8, 2020 10:56 PM in response to terra3110us

I am not sure where have you added your wife's name.

I have Added a custom label called Wife and chose my Wife's Contact detail from my Contact list.

I had done this under My Card

It works fine. (My wife has 4 phone numbers, before dialling Siri provides all the phone numbers and prompts me to choose one. That's it.

Please check the contact details that you have picked is from your default email Account. That may be an issue because contacts are neither stored locally on an iPhone nor in SIM. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

Settings > Contacts > Default Account

Apr 8, 2020 11:02 PM in response to SravanKrA

Like I described, there are two ways to add the Wifes name:

a) Tell Siri "XXX is my Wife" and Siri will add this to your card in contacts

b) Choose your Contact Details, choose Pre-defined Label "Wife" and add the right Contact Card to it.

Both I did. And like I described, when I ask "Siri, who is my Wife", it show my the right Contact. But when I say "Hey Siri, call my wife", Siri did not know who my wife is.

Usually it SHOULD work, but in my case it is not. The question is, what can cause this error.

Something like Settings -> Contacts -> Default Account did not exists. You mean Settings -> Contact -> My Info and that is set correctly.

Frank

Siri know my wifes name, but did not call her

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.