Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to add 2 other computers to my local wi-fi network?

I have had a working Local area wi-fi network all setup involving 3 Macs.

Suddenly, 2 of them have disappeared from the network!

How do I restore add back the missing Macs?

I forgot how I did it before so long ago.

TIA

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jul 13, 2021 7:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2021 6:31 AM

pwwwayne wrote:

I'm sorry, I don't see how either of these sites solve my problem.
I'm not trying to add iPad or iPhone to my network; they remain connected.

I wanted to add a MacBook Air to my MacBook Pro so that that I can access the Desktop reciprocally to each other.
I have been able to do this via the Finder dropdown menu under Go<Computer<Network<Share Screen sequence but both Macs disappeared from that sequence a few days ago.

Mysteriously, both computers names have re-appeared "spontaneously" (MacBookAir & MacBook Pro) without me taking a particular action whatsoever!!

I also have a Retina MacBook Pro that I have never been able to add to this Wi-Fi Network???.

Set up file sharing on Mac - Apple Support

Use iCloud File Sharing to share folders and documents with ...

Set the protocol for file sharing on Mac - Apple Support

Connect your Mac to shared computers and servers - Apple ...

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2021 6:31 AM in response to pwwwayne

pwwwayne wrote:

I wanted to add a MacBook Air to my MacBook Pro so that that I can access the Desktop reciprocally to each other.
I have been able to do this via the Finder dropdown menu under Go<Computer<Network<Share Screen sequence but both Macs disappeared from that sequence a few days ago.

Mysteriously, both computers names have re-appeared "spontaneously" (MacBookAir & MacBook Pro) without me taking a particular action whatsoever!!

I also have a Retina MacBook Pro that I have never been able to add to this Wi-Fi Network???.

Set up file sharing on Mac - Apple Support

Use iCloud File Sharing to share folders and documents with ...

Set the protocol for file sharing on Mac - Apple Support

Connect your Mac to shared computers and servers - Apple ...

Jul 13, 2021 11:23 PM in response to BobTheFisherman

Jul 14, 2021 7:16 AM in response to pwwwayne

pwwwayne wrote:

Those links answer your question. You have now changed the question to one of file sharing not "How to add 2 other computers to my local wi-fi network". Follow Leroy's advice.

How to add 2 other computers to my local wi-fi network?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.