Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

M1 mac mini 2020 need anitvirus?

Hello .

I got new m1 mini mac 2020 another weeks ago , I had malwarebytes on it. Also I was reading online and some people talk about m1 mac mini don't need anitvirus. I am not sure what are some people saying about nitvirus don't need or yes ( another different kind of anitvirus dont need for that. ) so I have my malwarebytes on my new m1 mac mini 2020.

Mac mini, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 13, 2021 11:48 AM

6 replies

Jul 13, 2021 12:53 PM in response to zer1057

Hello, zer1057.

I agree with @FoxFifth; your Mac Mini doesn't need an anti-virus app. If you keep your macOS software updated and practice good computer hygiene you should not need any add-on software for that. From this user's perspective they are more likely to cause problems than to solve or prevent them.

If you ever suspect a malware problem, you've already discovered Malwarebytes. That's a great tool to use against adware, and other malware you may accidentally install.

Effective defenses against malware - Community - galt

Protect you Mac from malware - Apple Support:

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/protect-your-mac-from-malware-mh40596/mac

M1 mac mini 2020 need anitvirus?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.