Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I please have more storage? 😔

I need more storage I deleted all my apps all my photos and I still have no STORAGE

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 13, 2021 11:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2021 7:36 PM

ainsley240 Said:

"Can I please have more storage?: I need more storage I deleted all my apps all my photos and I still have no STORAGE"

-------

Clearing Space on an iPhone:

Internal storage space cannot be upgraded on an iPhone. Many system resources may be being used by unnecessary items. So, you need more internal storage space. Consider performing the following...

A. Clean TV and Music Libraries:

Remove all unneeded files from your TV and Music Libraries. Full-Movies take up 2-4GB typically, and a bunch of those would take up a load of storage, ideally. So, if you have any movies that are not needed, then delete them.

Also..

B. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

Clear your Temporary Internet Files(Cookies & Cache) of Safari:

C. Clear "Other":

Clear the storages named "Other". It basically contains unnecessary files such as caches that are used for system ease of use - all of which gather over time: How to Clear "Other" in your iPhone's Storage - Use Backup - User Tips

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2021 7:36 PM in response to ainsley240

ainsley240 Said:

"Can I please have more storage?: I need more storage I deleted all my apps all my photos and I still have no STORAGE"

-------

Clearing Space on an iPhone:

Internal storage space cannot be upgraded on an iPhone. Many system resources may be being used by unnecessary items. So, you need more internal storage space. Consider performing the following...

A. Clean TV and Music Libraries:

Remove all unneeded files from your TV and Music Libraries. Full-Movies take up 2-4GB typically, and a bunch of those would take up a load of storage, ideally. So, if you have any movies that are not needed, then delete them.

Also..

B. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

Clear your Temporary Internet Files(Cookies & Cache) of Safari:

C. Clear "Other":

Clear the storages named "Other". It basically contains unnecessary files such as caches that are used for system ease of use - all of which gather over time: How to Clear "Other" in your iPhone's Storage - Use Backup - User Tips

Jul 13, 2021 7:02 PM in response to ainsley240

Hi ainsley240,

Welcome to the Apple Community, where some of us do our best to help each other.

It seems the iPhone 6s storage is a built in chip, and it's not possible to add more than your original purchase.

It is possible though to move files to a purchased portable hard drive, to back up, or to store photos etc.

(This can be done using a computer to back-up and transfer files to a flash-drive, or portable hard drive.

Apple Support have articles online to help you:

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone,

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205856

Or

in iOS14

Connect external storage devices to iPhone:

Attach the USB drive or SD card reader to the charging port on your iPhone using a compatible connector or adapter.

https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/iphone/iph95baac91f/ios

When you delete a photo or video, you have 30 days to get it back from your Recently Deleted album.

If you really want to keep your photos you have the option to restore them,

and then back them up., before permanently deleting them from your iPhone.

or

You do have the option to delete the photos permanently.

Delete photos on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Scroll down to Delete photos permanently.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205856

Hope this helps you with your iPhone storage :).

Can I please have more storage? 😔

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.