Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 2018 macbook pro is missing the Find My app.

It is not on the dock or in the galley of apps. I have looked everywhere online and it says the Find My app comes preinstalled, but apparently it didn’t on mine, and there is absolutely no other info. I have checked the app store too and it is unavailable. How can I install it? Or how can I find it (but I have done every troubleshooting option and it’s not there)? I have gone to system preferences, privacy, and the box for “find my macbook” is checked and I do see my macbooks location with my phone, but there is no app for it on my macbook. If I lost my phone I would need my macbook to find it but it doesn’t have the app.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 13, 2021 7:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2021 7:59 PM

If you are running Mojave 10.14 as shown in your equipment profile, Mojave does not have the Find My app. The Find My apps started with macOS 10.15 Catalina.

See the very bottom of this Apple article under "Learn More" for how to set up the same services in Mojave:

Set up Find My on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2021 7:59 PM in response to k576t

If you are running Mojave 10.14 as shown in your equipment profile, Mojave does not have the Find My app. The Find My apps started with macOS 10.15 Catalina.

See the very bottom of this Apple article under "Learn More" for how to set up the same services in Mojave:

Set up Find My on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac - Apple Support

My 2018 macbook pro is missing the Find My app.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.