You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t install back the apple music app

So i had troubles with apple music downloads so i decided to reinstall the app but after deleting it i can’t install it back. It says that restrictions are enabled. But i turned them off already. So the confusing part is that the app doesn’t want to install back and how am I supposed to live without Apple Music i have no idea. Please help.

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Jul 13, 2021 10:07 PM

3 replies

Jul 14, 2021 4:43 PM in response to Dinafay

Good afternoon Dinafay,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

It sounds like you can't reinstall the Music app on your iPhone, and we'd like to help.

Can we ask a few questions about your specific experience?

Did you restart your iPhone after switching the restrictions off?

Are you the parent, or are there parental controls on your device that you can't access?

Do you have a backup of your iPhone?

It appears the Music app has been installed on the iPhone (it is showing "Open" on your screenshot).

Check the subscriptions for your Apple ID account to make sure Apple Music is still enabled.

Change your subscription from Apple

Are you a member of Family Sharing?

Please provide a little more information regarding this issue, and we'll do our best to help.

Take care.

Jul 15, 2021 4:11 AM in response to judysings

Thank you for your reply.

I would love to tell more information about my specific experience with apple music.

Firstly I know that restarting the phone helps, so yes, I did it. Secondly no, I am not the parent but i use apple music as a member of family sharing. But parental controls are off. I turned them of my mum’s iPhone. Yes I have a back up. To be honest I have no idea why the App store shows “open” for Apple Music because I deleted it to reinstall the app.

Can’t install back the apple music app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.