Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i get a diagnostic and system check/repair virtually via mac?

how do i get a mac /apple check up/repair virtually via apple?

Posted on Jul 14, 2021 12:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2021 8:29 PM

Hi seamus114,

It's not possible to get a remote hardware repair; that will need to be done in person. You can schedule a hardware repair by contacting Apple Support.

You can, however, check your Mac's hardware for issues. Follow these steps:

On an Intel-based Mac: Hold down the D key as you power on or restart your Mac. Release the key when a spinning globe appears, or when you're prompted to select a language. If that doesn't work, try holding down Option-D instead.

On a Mac with Apple silicon: Shut down your Mac, then press and hold the power button until your Mac starts loading Startup Options. When the boot picker appears, hold down Command-D until your Mac restarts.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2021 8:29 PM in response to seamus114

Hi seamus114,

It's not possible to get a remote hardware repair; that will need to be done in person. You can schedule a hardware repair by contacting Apple Support.

You can, however, check your Mac's hardware for issues. Follow these steps:

On an Intel-based Mac: Hold down the D key as you power on or restart your Mac. Release the key when a spinning globe appears, or when you're prompted to select a language. If that doesn't work, try holding down Option-D instead.

On a Mac with Apple silicon: Shut down your Mac, then press and hold the power button until your Mac starts loading Startup Options. When the boot picker appears, hold down Command-D until your Mac restarts.

how can i get a diagnostic and system check/repair virtually via mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.