Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

where are my photos on my Mac

I just used the upgrader tool to open an old library, now I cannot find my recent photos. where would they be? thanks

Posted on Jul 14, 2021 1:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2021 2:01 PM

Hi - I'm assuming here you are using the photos app, and not iPhoto (the upgrader tool suggests you were upgrading an iPhoto library)

They will still be in your original library.

To open it, hold down the option key. The resulting pane will show you all the libraries on your mac. Your original is most likely called "photos library.photoslibrary". Click it and open. If that is not the one, try any others, using the option key open each time.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2021 2:01 PM in response to sallysquest1

Hi - I'm assuming here you are using the photos app, and not iPhoto (the upgrader tool suggests you were upgrading an iPhoto library)

They will still be in your original library.

To open it, hold down the option key. The resulting pane will show you all the libraries on your mac. Your original is most likely called "photos library.photoslibrary". Click it and open. If that is not the one, try any others, using the option key open each time.

where are my photos on my Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.