Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big Sur - Epson printer incompatibility

After upgrading to Big Sur 11.4 from Catalina my Epson ET-2720 printer will not print. All I get is an Epson error message before and after reloading Epson software they say is for Big Sur 11. Epson support implies that they and Apple are working on it. I need to get printing. Do any experts know whether I should just bring Catalina OS back from Time Machine, or what?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 14, 2021 2:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2021 2:19 PM

Please do the following in this order:

·Uninstall all Epson software, put in the Trash and empty the Trash.

·Please reset the printing system per Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem

·Next, follow the instructions in Adding a printer

2 replies

Jul 14, 2021 4:55 PM in response to Martin6469

Hi,

This printer should work without having to install drivers, if it is connected to a network. The Epson ET-2720 is mentioned in About AirPrint - Apple Support as a model supporting the driverless AirPrint technology.

Software/drivers from the printer manufacturer may or may not add functionality.

https://epson.com/Support/Printers/All-In-Ones/ET-Series/Epson-ET-2720/s/SPT_C11CH42201?review-filter=macOS+11.x

Big Sur - Epson printer incompatibility

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.