Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS Big Sur and Epson printer XP-400

Updated to Big Sur, no apparent problems except the Epson printer XP-400 no longer responds. I thought that all Epson printer drivers were automatically present in Apple mac operating Systems. What should I do?

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 16, 2020 4:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 5:32 PM

have you tried contacting epson? my problem in printing was the same, it crashed my preview and resulting in an error to print. I tried to uninstall my printer and then re-installing again but the latest driver could not work, my MacBook Air can't even detect the driver (before the Big Sur driver update). after the new update available, I downloaded it and installed it. then my printer works, the printer got detected by MacOs and I can print.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2020 5:32 PM in response to PickyPicky

have you tried contacting epson? my problem in printing was the same, it crashed my preview and resulting in an error to print. I tried to uninstall my printer and then re-installing again but the latest driver could not work, my MacBook Air can't even detect the driver (before the Big Sur driver update). after the new update available, I downloaded it and installed it. then my printer works, the printer got detected by MacOs and I can print.

MacOS Big Sur and Epson printer XP-400

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.