Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

family sharing and email

hi,

I use family sharing for my children. They each have their own iCloud accounts. How can I make sure they cannot open my email on their device, but instead open their own/personal iCloud account instead? Or is that not possible?

Posted on Jul 14, 2021 2:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2021 2:47 PM

If correctly setup, your Apple ID / iCloud account should not be logged in to their devices and as such your email account would not be accessible in any way.

If their devices are using your Apple ID / iCloud account, then you must sign out, and sign in with their own Apple ID that was invited to Family Sharing.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2021 2:47 PM in response to dallastrixiecat

If correctly setup, your Apple ID / iCloud account should not be logged in to their devices and as such your email account would not be accessible in any way.

If their devices are using your Apple ID / iCloud account, then you must sign out, and sign in with their own Apple ID that was invited to Family Sharing.

Jul 15, 2021 9:05 AM in response to dallastrixiecat

They would have to know all your log-in information for the email account you use. It is possible for a device to be logged into multiple email accounts at the same time (I have 2 on mine) so theoretically a child could be using their own iCloud email address and be logged into your account at the same time, but that has to be deliberate, and as I said, it would require knowing your password.

Some of the details really depend upon which services you use for e-mail and if you are using iCloud at all for which I am not making the assumption you do.

family sharing and email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.