Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an old Ipod classic (hardly used). How do I sync?

I have an iPod classic and I can't sync it...what can I do. I love the simplicity of it.

Posted on Jul 14, 2021 2:58 PM

4 replies

Jul 22, 2021 10:28 AM in response to heitonbess

Typically photos are copied to a classic as relatively low resolution images unless you explicitly chose to include the originals. Originals should be visible in a folder in the root of the drive when using Finder, otherwise see the table of recovery tools in Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device - Apple Community, one might be able to recover images, although I'm afraid that list is somewhat outdated now with some products no longer available.

tt2

Jul 22, 2021 9:10 AM in response to Cl_aMIchael

My iPod is 2008 and I'm still running Catalina. Yesterday I attached my iPod to the Computer using a USB cable, it took a bit of time but my computer suddenly realised the iPod was attached and gave me a window with the syncing options. I was able to update it with all my music. I am not sure if this would work with Big Sur.

Hope this helps and good luck!

I don't suppose you know if it's possible to get photographs off the iPod and on to the computer?

Jane

I have an old Ipod classic (hardly used). How do I sync?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.