Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing iPod classic

Is there anyway on God’s green earth to sync my iPod classic with my iTunes library?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Nov 28, 2022 9:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2022 9:43 AM

See Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support. Check your sync selections. Occasionally these may spontaneously reset, such that nothing is actually selected for syncing.

tt2

8 replies

Nov 29, 2022 2:50 AM in response to timnkelley

Yes.

What stage are you at now?

1. Have you previously synced this iPod with this specific iTunes Library? If not, did you see any messages when you tried to sync the iPod? What did the messages say?
    2. Is the iPod seen by iTunes? If not, have you followed the suggestions in the following Apple article: If your computer doesn’t recognise your iPhone or iPad – Apple Support (UK)?
    3. Are you sure the cable is good and that it is a data cable, not just a power cable?

Nov 30, 2022 5:29 AM in response to the fiend

Not sure what you mean in Q1; it has been a few years since I synced this ipod and this library. Content of library has changed significantly.

Your Q2, itunes does not recognize ipod. File explorer recognizes it as drive E. fairly sure cables are good, just purchased a new cable, have to wait for its arrival. That link is not helpful. Followed suggestions, until I couldn't, kept going back to impasse. Shouldn't be this difficult.

Syncing iPod classic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.