Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i check to see if my mac has malware or some other virus?

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Jul 14, 2021 4:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2021 5:12 PM

Anthonyv333 Said:

"how can i check to see if my mac has malware or some other virus?"

-------

Scanning your Mac for Malware: 

Use MalwareBytes for Mac --- This is software that searches for malware/adware. It is created by long time users of these forums, making this the only trustworthy Security Software for a Mac. So, scan with it and then remove what is found. Once removed, uninstall MalwareBytes for Mac. Then restart the Mac. There is no virus on your Mac. So, no worries there.

Downloads:

1. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac
  2. Malwarebytes Uninstaller
6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2021 5:12 PM in response to Anthonyv333

Anthonyv333 Said:

"how can i check to see if my mac has malware or some other virus?"

-------

Scanning your Mac for Malware: 

Use MalwareBytes for Mac --- This is software that searches for malware/adware. It is created by long time users of these forums, making this the only trustworthy Security Software for a Mac. So, scan with it and then remove what is found. Once removed, uninstall MalwareBytes for Mac. Then restart the Mac. There is no virus on your Mac. So, no worries there.

Downloads:

1. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac
  2. Malwarebytes Uninstaller

Jul 19, 2021 3:58 AM in response to Anthonyv333

Suggest downloading from a Trusted Developer and Respected ASC Contributor the application Malwarebytes for Mac. It is free or paid for added features. Run the Application and it should remove the malware / adware. Once done, restart computer and test.

There are no known Viruses in the wild that self replicate and affect macOS. There are Malware and Adware that does affect macOS and are often times downloaded as part of an Application from Third Party UnTrusted Site and get installed along with the Application.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.