Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What apps are available for Apple TV HD?

What apps are bundled with or downloadable from the app store for Apple TV HD? Can I access the ABCiView and SBS OnDemand apps, for example, without having to stream via my phone or iPad?

Is there any difference in functionality between ATV HD and ATV 4K other than the output resolution?

Posted on Jul 15, 2021 12:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2021 3:28 AM

What apps are bundled with or downloadable from the app store for Apple TV HD?

A few Apple apps are pre-installed. Thousands of apps are available in the on-device Apple TV App Store.

Download apps on your Apple TV - Apple Support

Can I access the ABCiView and SBS OnDemand apps, for example, without having to stream via my phone or iPad?

Yes, those are available for Apple TV as well.

ABC iview app - App Store preview (AU) - Apple

SBS On Demand app - App Store preview (AU) - Apple

Is there any difference in functionality between ATV HD and ATV 4K other than the output resolution?

Yes, there are other differences as well, although resolution is the most significant one. To name a few: HDR, Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos, Spatial audio (coming soon), lossless audio, Bluetooth 5, wireless audio sharing, faster chip (more fluid games), faster Wi-Fi, faster ethernet, bigger disk available, ARC/eARC with HomePod for TV, high frame rate HDR, color calibration, SharePlay (coming soon), For All of You (coming soon), Shared with You (coming soon). About Apple TV 4K - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 15, 2021 3:28 AM in response to Chris_from_Melbun

What apps are bundled with or downloadable from the app store for Apple TV HD?

A few Apple apps are pre-installed. Thousands of apps are available in the on-device Apple TV App Store.

Download apps on your Apple TV - Apple Support

Can I access the ABCiView and SBS OnDemand apps, for example, without having to stream via my phone or iPad?

Yes, those are available for Apple TV as well.

ABC iview app - App Store preview (AU) - Apple

SBS On Demand app - App Store preview (AU) - Apple

Yes, there are other differences as well, although resolution is the most significant one. To name a few: HDR, Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos, Spatial audio (coming soon), lossless audio, Bluetooth 5, wireless audio sharing, faster chip (more fluid games), faster Wi-Fi, faster ethernet, bigger disk available, ARC/eARC with HomePod for TV, high frame rate HDR, color calibration, SharePlay (coming soon), For All of You (coming soon), Shared with You (coming soon). About Apple TV 4K - Apple

What apps are available for Apple TV HD?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.