Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will my iCloud data be messed up if I re-log into iCloud on my old iPad?

Hello,

I have an old iPad that I haven't used in a while. I've been using my new MacBook Pro and new iPhone since I've stopped using my iPad. It's been about 2 year since I've stopped using my iPad. If I turn my iPad back on and re-log into iCloud will iCloud try and delete all of my new data (contacts, notes, etc.) on my MacBook and iPhone since they are not on my iPad?

Thanks!

iPad 2

Posted on Jul 15, 2021 3:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2021 8:23 AM

Garrett,

That is correct. iCloud will sync newer data to your iPad. Additionally, if there are any contacts or other information on your iPad not currently synced with iCloud, you may receive a prompt to merge those items to iCloud and your other connected devices.

Regards.

5 replies

Jul 16, 2021 7:11 AM in response to Garrett_1

Hello Garrett,

Thanks for reaching out through the Apple Support Communities about that concern with signing into iCloud on your iPad.

Signing into iCloud on your iPad wouldn’t remove any data from iCloud or your other devices. This article has more details about that process: Set up iCloud on all your devices

Hopefully that addresses your concern.

Take care.

Jul 16, 2021 7:52 AM in response to Chris_C1

Hi Chris_C1,

Thank you for helping me! I thought that was probably the case. The data on my iPad is “older” than the data currently on iCloud and my current devices.

Since the new data created on my other devices is inherently missing on my iPad because I haven’t used it in a while, iCloud won’t think that I deleted this new data when it tries to sync my iPad, right? Essentially treating my iPad as the new “truth.”

From what you are indicating, it would be the opposite: the data currently on iCloud would sync to the iPad and “catch the iPad up,” right?

Thanks!

Will my iCloud data be messed up if I re-log into iCloud on my old iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.