Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homepods don't connect to internet and can't even play my music on the computer.

Homepod frequently says it's trying to perform a function, only When I ask my Homepods to play music, it to say it can't connect to the internet. However, the internet connection is fine. Some days it works, other days it doesn't. This started about two months ago. Bug in update????

I remember when Apple products just worked all the time. Looks like they lost their edge.

Posted on Jul 15, 2021 9:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2021 12:43 PM

Power cycle the HomePod and your router. Make sure that your router is not using client access/wireless security/isolation features that prevent communication between wireless devices on your local network.

tt2

4 replies

Jul 26, 2021 4:23 PM in response to turingtest2

Had the cable guy out here and we rebooted my network and my pods. Now they are working again. Only problem, they seem slower to answer and get anything done. The other issue is the other night, they were playing music, and just stopped for no reason? Lights on top, but no music. I touched them to turn them off and they are working fine now. ????

Homepods don't connect to internet and can't even play my music on the computer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.