Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch apps

Just got an Apple 6 watch, with up-to-date operating system, 7.5. In pairing with my iphone, an SE with iOS 14.6, and also up-to-date, some of my phone apps show up on my watch, others do not. The watch is set to mirror my phone so it is unclear why all the apps do not show up.

I have:

1. Removed an app from my phone and down loaded the same app again from the phone App store. App did not show up on the watch
  2. Removed an app from my pone and down loaded the same app again from the phone App store. Restarted the phone restarted the watch. No luck.
  3. Checked the watch app on my phone for available apps to download to the watch. Neither the subject app nor any other missing apps were shown as available.
  4. Attempted to download the app from the watch App store. App could not be found, using voice and scribble entries. Used the identical description that is found for the app in the phone app store that was successful at finding the app there.

It seems that some apps from the phone app store are not in the watch app store for whatever reason.

I would appreciate any suggestions that the community may have.

Thank you.

Posted on Jul 15, 2021 12:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2021 12:57 PM

Not every app developer develops a watch version of their iOS app. If there is no watchOS version you won't have the app on your watch.

Setting your watch to mirror your phone isn't about apps.

Open the Watch app on your iPhone. In the My Watch tab, scroll to the bottom and you will see the 3rd party apps that are installed and then the apps that can be installed.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 11.4; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 7.5; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 14.6; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14.6; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.6; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 14.6  HomePods, audioOS 14.6 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 15, 2021 12:57 PM in response to Beema48

Not every app developer develops a watch version of their iOS app. If there is no watchOS version you won't have the app on your watch.

Setting your watch to mirror your phone isn't about apps.

Open the Watch app on your iPhone. In the My Watch tab, scroll to the bottom and you will see the 3rd party apps that are installed and then the apps that can be installed.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 11.4; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 7.5; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 14.6; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14.6; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.6; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 14.6  HomePods, audioOS 14.6 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Jul 15, 2021 1:34 PM in response to Dah•veed

Your answer is clear. However, from the watch app on the phone, how lists of apps are found. One, has no heading or description but in general seems to include apps provided by Apple, e.g., calendar, Activity, compass, calculator, etc. The second list, has the descriptor, ‘Installed on Apple Watch’ and includes what I guess are 3rd party apps, e.g., Google Maps, Spotify, etc. there is no third list of ‘Available Apps’ as you detailed in your response.

Thanks

Watch apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.