Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS Utilities page

i’ve been stuck on the utilities page no matter what i do. i’ve tried everything like rebooting, disk utility, reinstalling a few times. i can’t get out of this page

Mac Pro

Posted on Jul 16, 2021 5:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2021 5:14 AM

ameanaziz wrote:

i’ve been stuck on the utilities page no matter what i do. i’ve tried everything like rebooting, disk utility, reinstalling a few times. i can’t get out of this page

What led up to this situation you describe...(?)

What exact Mac is this

What mac OS were you running, what macOS are you trying to install?

Have you tried restoring from backup?

Have you tried running the First Aid on your drive...

Boot into Internet Recovery (Option Command R) and from the dropdown menu: Utilities>  Disk Utility> run the First Aid on your Macintosh HD (and the "Macintosh HD-Data" volume as well if Catalina/Big Sur) If errors are found and repaired, run again until no errors reported.

Disk Utility>View>Show All Devices The best sequence is —

• Volume level

• Container level

• Parent drive

Recovery: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204904

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2021 5:14 AM in response to ameanaziz

ameanaziz wrote:

What led up to this situation you describe...(?)

What exact Mac is this

What mac OS were you running, what macOS are you trying to install?

Have you tried restoring from backup?

Have you tried running the First Aid on your drive...

Boot into Internet Recovery (Option Command R) and from the dropdown menu: Utilities>  Disk Utility> run the First Aid on your Macintosh HD (and the "Macintosh HD-Data" volume as well if Catalina/Big Sur) If errors are found and repaired, run again until no errors reported.

Disk Utility>View>Show All Devices The best sequence is —

• Volume level

• Container level

• Parent drive

Recovery: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204904

Jul 18, 2021 3:06 AM in response to ameanaziz

Assuming there's nothing wrong with your Mac and you somehow got here by mistake then you have two options:

Press the power on button and keep it depressed until your Mac powers itself off. Press the power on button again and your Mac should start normally.

Or:

Press the command and Q keys. These will quit you out of the window you're currently seeing and present you with options to either cancel, restart or shutdown. Choosing restart will get you back to what you see when you use your Mac normally.

macOS Utilities page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.