Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Apps

Where can I see the apps that are on my iPad when its connected to my Mac. looked in iTunes and they don't appear there, looked in finder and they are not there either? Am I missing something here. iPad is shown in both locations but there is no Apps showing as a selectable button to show contents, i.e. the Apps that are loaded on the device.

Posted on Jul 16, 2021 5:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2021 10:47 AM

You are right that the only method that Apple currently supplies to manage apps is on the device itself.

There is at least one third-party app that attempts to take up some of the slack in Mac-based management of iPad/iPhone contents, named iMazing. (There may be others. That's just the one I use, primarily for backups.)

I have not yet tested the app-related functions of iMazing enough to say whether I recommend it for that or not. One function that I see it no longer attempts to display or change is the folder structure of the home pages. It does offer the option to update apps and store the installation materials for later re-installation.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2021 10:47 AM in response to MLSTAFF

You are right that the only method that Apple currently supplies to manage apps is on the device itself.

There is at least one third-party app that attempts to take up some of the slack in Mac-based management of iPad/iPhone contents, named iMazing. (There may be others. That's just the one I use, primarily for backups.)

I have not yet tested the app-related functions of iMazing enough to say whether I recommend it for that or not. One function that I see it no longer attempts to display or change is the folder structure of the home pages. It does offer the option to update apps and store the installation materials for later re-installation.

iPad Apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.