Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad connects to cannon mg3600 printer but when I try to print ,unable to communicate with printer comes up

Hi. My printer has suddenly stopped communicating with my iPad. Any tips for getting it going again

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jul 16, 2021 6:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2021 11:21 PM

Hi,

The following AirPrint models (About AirPrint - Apple Support) will allow an iPad to be used without an extra app from the printer manufacturer. Make sure that the printer and the iPad are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router).

• Canon MG3610
  • Canon MG3620
  • Canon MG3630
  • Canon MG3640
  • Canon MG3650
  • Canon MG3660
  • Canon MG3670
  • Canon MG3680

Try this procedure: Power off the router, the printer, the iPad, and all other devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the iPad. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

Also, see this guide from Canon UK: https://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/apple_airprint_guide/ .

Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2021 11:21 PM in response to Sandian

Hi,

The following AirPrint models (About AirPrint - Apple Support) will allow an iPad to be used without an extra app from the printer manufacturer. Make sure that the printer and the iPad are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router).

• Canon MG3610
  • Canon MG3620
  • Canon MG3630
  • Canon MG3640
  • Canon MG3650
  • Canon MG3660
  • Canon MG3670
  • Canon MG3680

Try this procedure: Power off the router, the printer, the iPad, and all other devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the iPad. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

Also, see this guide from Canon UK: https://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/apple_airprint_guide/ .

Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

My iPad connects to cannon mg3600 printer but when I try to print ,unable to communicate with printer comes up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.