Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted text

How do you retrieve deleted text messages from IPhone through iTunes

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 16, 2021 6:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2021 7:01 PM

Unless you house your messages in iCloud, they are saved on your iPhone backup. Restore that backup to retrieve the messages that were present when the backup was created.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

3 replies

Jul 17, 2021 5:01 PM in response to sberman

Restore as in reset like new phone? If yes do I do it to date before deleted messages or date after? The deleted messages are Jan to April. I only saw the latest back up which was a few days ago. How do I find older back ups?

I’m sorry I’m not very technical and need guidance.

Also when I did reset my phone it locked my notes. Face ID doesn’t work. My password doesn’t work. Yes it’s the correct Password for my notes. 🤦🏻‍♀️

TIA

Jul 17, 2021 5:25 PM in response to AngelV808

AngelV808 wrote:

Restore as in reset like new phone?

Restore from backup means:

At some point during the past, you created your most recent iPhone backup. Restore means you will purge the iPhone, reload iOS and your apps, and then place that backup back on the iPhone so after this process, your iPhone will look like it did when the backup was created.

Deleted text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.