Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using scanner with 2021 iMac

I have a new 2021 iMac running MacOS 11.4. My scanner is an Epson Perfection V500 Photo. I have tried the Epson driver Epson's "ICA Scanner Driver v5.8.7 for Apple's Image Capture utility" but still can't get it to work. On my old iMac I used the Vuescan app but that also will not work.

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to get the V500 working on the new M1 please?

Thanks

Posted on Jul 17, 2021 1:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2021 7:08 AM

I now have the Epson V500 Photo working on my 2021 M1 iMac running MacOS 11.4 working and this is the recipe I used.

• latest Epson driver ( I downloaded "ICA Scanner Driver v5.8.7 for Apple's Image Capture utility")
  • Downloaded Vuescan 9 x64 9.7.59
  • Go to finder - applications - highlight the Vuescan app - right click - info - click option to open with Rosetta

I have the Vuescan app working as expected.

Query now closed.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2021 7:08 AM in response to Seagull1995

I now have the Epson V500 Photo working on my 2021 M1 iMac running MacOS 11.4 working and this is the recipe I used.

• latest Epson driver ( I downloaded "ICA Scanner Driver v5.8.7 for Apple's Image Capture utility")
  • Downloaded Vuescan 9 x64 9.7.59
  • Go to finder - applications - highlight the Vuescan app - right click - info - click option to open with Rosetta

I have the Vuescan app working as expected.

Query now closed.

Jul 17, 2021 2:20 AM in response to Seagull1995

Go to the Epson support website for this scanner,

https://epson.com/Support/Scanners/Perfection-Series/Epson-Perfection-V500-Photo/s/SPT_B11B189011?review-filter=macOS+11.x

Make sure the operating selector is set for macOS 11

Click the plus buttons to reveal the downloads available there is a driver available v5.8.9 from January 2021, so

may make a difference over the 5.8.7 version you have.

Using scanner with 2021 iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.