Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Image Capture on M1 with Epson Perfection V600 Photo

I can't get Image Capture to connect to my V600 scanner. Other than rebooting IC and restarting the scanner I don't know what else to try. I'm connected with the Epson USB-B to USB-A cable and the Apple USB-A to USB-C to my computers. I temporarily have both an MBA and MBP.

Monterey v12.6

As suggested here Epson Software works Epson scanner for Mac mini (M1) - Apple Community, but Image Capture is better for my purposes.

MacBook Pro Apple Silicon

Posted on Sep 23, 2022 11:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2022 8:13 AM

Image Capture needs the Epson ICA driver in order to work with the V600. You can download & install the Monterey version of the Epson ICA Driver here: https://epson.com/Support/Scanners/Perfection-Series/Epson-Perfection-V600-Photo/s/SPT_B11B198011?review-filter=macOS+12.x

ps. If you are not running Monterey, be sure to select your version of macOS in the dropdown box.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2022 8:13 AM in response to SoCalMtnBiker

Image Capture needs the Epson ICA driver in order to work with the V600. You can download & install the Monterey version of the Epson ICA Driver here: https://epson.com/Support/Scanners/Perfection-Series/Epson-Perfection-V600-Photo/s/SPT_B11B198011?review-filter=macOS+12.x

ps. If you are not running Monterey, be sure to select your version of macOS in the dropdown box.

Sep 24, 2022 5:39 AM in response to SoCalMtnBiker

I can't tell from your question, but does it connect after restarting both the scanner and Image Capture?

Or, does it not connect at all?

Do you have any other software installed which may be bogarting the connection to the scanner such that Image Capture can't? If the Epson scan utility is installed, it could start at login and connect to the scanner--I've never installed any of that software, so I don't know exactly how it works. If the scanner has buttons to automatically scan to the Mac, it is likely true that the software has established a connection to the scanner which may be interfering with Image Capture's ability to connect.

I had an Epson AIO that was about 10 years old and I had no problems with it connecting. All the plastic gears disintegrated, so had to replace it with a newer Epson AIO, and again no issues connecting.

Sep 24, 2022 8:52 AM in response to Barney-15E

@Barney-15E

IC will not connect to the scanner. I was just saying what I'd tried.

I haven't used any other scanner software or related to that. I just installed the Epson v2 software. And I didn't install that until I found that IC wasn't working.

I had been using IC with the scanner for several years on an Intel iMac and that still works with Monterey.

@MartinR I now see your answer. I hadn't tried that. Should have been obvious from the title that I would need that. And it works. Thank you. I guess I went right by it since I didn't know what ICA is.

Image Capture on M1 with Epson Perfection V600 Photo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.