Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Folders in Trash cannot be deleted: in use ...

My machine's trash has folders in the chain that I can't delete. Just reports that the last, "The final book is in use, cannot be deleted".

(Macintosh HD/com~apple~CloudDocs/Dokumentit/työt/taittotyöt/taittotyöt/Matin_kirja/Lopullinen kirja/Lopullinen kirj..... ) and so on.

Lopullinen kirja -the folder is empty.

How could I empty the trash? I need help here.

macOS Mojave vesio 10.14.6

iMac 27″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 17, 2021 3:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2021 5:40 AM

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes.

Empty trash.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2021 5:40 AM in response to kaalha

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes.

Empty trash.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

Folders in Trash cannot be deleted: in use ...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.