Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 12 pro overheating issue

So I bought a Iphone 12 pro literally yesterday and it’s overheating quite badly so it’s overheating usually when charging(yes I do have a original apple charger and cable) and it is quite quickly when I turn the phone off the overheating stops while still charging so I don’t think it’s a problem with my wall charger since it happens on all wall contacts also I downloaded nba 2k21 and of course it’s a heavy game but after playing barely 5minutes if not less it’s overheating again and since I payed quite a lot of money and I literally bought it less than 24 hours ago I wanted to ask what could be the issue I don’t think it’s normal for a brand new phone to overheat so easily, thank you in advance

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 17, 2021 5:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2021 5:56 AM

When you say overheat. Does the phone turn off or show the screen in this article:

Keeping iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch within acceptable operating temperatures - Apple Support

If not the phone is probably still within normal operating temperatures.

It is normal that it will get hot while charging, and while running demanding tasks

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2021 5:56 AM in response to mihail55

When you say overheat. Does the phone turn off or show the screen in this article:

Keeping iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch within acceptable operating temperatures - Apple Support

If not the phone is probably still within normal operating temperatures.

It is normal that it will get hot while charging, and while running demanding tasks

Iphone 12 pro overheating issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.