Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to make Apple Mail my default email application?

For many years, I've used Apple Mail as my default email application on my MacBook Pro, with a xyz@mac.com email address. Also, Safari is my default web browser.

Recently, I was required (by a new job) to create a gmail.com account, and to use that exclusively for all work-related email. To keep that completely separate from my personal email, I only access the gmail account within Google Chrome.

Now, Chrome has somehow hijacked my MBPro, so that any time I click on a hyperlink in the form of an email address, Chrome launches itself and take me to straight to Gmail. How do I revert to the previous stuff quo, where clicking on a hyperlink email address will launch (or switch to) Apple Mail?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 17, 2021 9:00 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Jul 17, 2021 12:26 PM in response to ipsyd

Do you have a Time Machine backup to Restore to/from?

The free Malwarebytes may take care of it...

https://www.malwarebytes.com/mac/

See if you have unknown Profiles.

To remove a configuration profile in macOS:

1. From the Apple menu, select System Preferences....
  2. From the View menu in System Preferences, select Profiles.Note:
  3. Profiles won't be visible until you have at least one profile installed.
  4. Select the profile you want to remove, and then press the - (minus) button. Click Remove to remove the profile.

How to make Apple Mail my default email application?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.