Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to make Gmail my default email for Chrome on Mac Mini (M1)

I have seen lots of ways to change my default email to Gmail on Mac but most of the guidelines are old and none seems to reference the most recent OS. I am trying to click on a form on a website in my Chrome browser and nothing happens. The button works on my phone so it's got to be because I haven't set gmail as the default email app for my Mac.

All of the instructions tell you to go to the Apple mail app and change the preferences etc...

However, my mail app has no preferences or any other tabs that I can see (!) https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vRjrAjWA_pkFWuk-GveuKmdfl3YTebjNM3BskAwkVqQehYPOTvIBaDtUkdgL6KHRv-qtucOfaWOwXQh/pub

My mail app resembles nothing I have seen in any discussion of the Apple mail app...?

Mac mini, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 17, 2022 3:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2022 9:38 AM

I think you may have a couple of things mixed up. First, Chrome is a browser not an email app. You can use any browser to directly access an email provider's web site. Sometimes any browser can have difficulties opening certain web sites. The solution is often to update that browser. If that doesn't work, usually a different browser will work. Please understand that the operating systems in your Mac and iPhone are not the same, so the browsers ate technically different as well. Yes, your Mail app does have Preferences where settings can be changed. The link is below Mail in your menu bar.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2022 9:38 AM in response to paulmacdonnell

I think you may have a couple of things mixed up. First, Chrome is a browser not an email app. You can use any browser to directly access an email provider's web site. Sometimes any browser can have difficulties opening certain web sites. The solution is often to update that browser. If that doesn't work, usually a different browser will work. Please understand that the operating systems in your Mac and iPhone are not the same, so the browsers ate technically different as well. Yes, your Mail app does have Preferences where settings can be changed. The link is below Mail in your menu bar.

Trying to make Gmail my default email for Chrome on Mac Mini (M1)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.