Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music

Hello. I have an Apple Music subscription. I add songs to my library and upload them to listen offline, but without an Internet connection this does not happen

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 17, 2021 11:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2021 11:22 AM

Greetings ibortik,

It looks like you're having a problem with playing music while offline, correct?

Take a look at the section labeled "Download music from Apple Music to your iPhone" to make sure you're downloading the songs for offline play. In addition to this, you'll want to make sure you have enough available storage on your iPhone to prevent downloads from removing if additional space is needed for anything else.

Download music from Apple Music to your iPhone

We hope this is able to help clear up what may be occurring.

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2021 11:22 AM in response to ibortik

Greetings ibortik,

It looks like you're having a problem with playing music while offline, correct?

Take a look at the section labeled "Download music from Apple Music to your iPhone" to make sure you're downloading the songs for offline play. In addition to this, you'll want to make sure you have enough available storage on your iPhone to prevent downloads from removing if additional space is needed for anything else.

Download music from Apple Music to your iPhone

We hope this is able to help clear up what may be occurring.

Cheers!

Jul 23, 2021 8:04 AM in response to ibortik

ibortik,

I appreciate the update to let us know that this isn't resolved yet, and great job checking the storage on your iPhone.

If you're not updated to the latest iOS version, let's go ahead and complete that to see if it clears up what is occurring. For assistance with that, take a look at the following resources but be sure to back up your iPhone first.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you see that updating the iPhone doesn't help to resolve this, let's pick one song to remove the download. After you have removed the download, search the song again and add it to your library, then download it. Once the download has occurred, and you see the icon to the right of the song name showing that it is downloaded then let's disable both Wi-Fi and cellular/mobile data. Once both of those are disabled, try to play that one song and see what occurs.

If you're getting an error message, or if this doesn't play then it would be best to Contact Apple Support so they can look into this with you in more detail.

Have a great day!

Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.