Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Outlook emails not sending on iOS devices

I am having an issue with my outlook email on the iOS mail app. It is unable to send emails. They get stored in "Outbox" and even there, I cannot get them to send out. I know the issue has noting to do with my setup, because I receive outlook email normally on my 3 devices (2 iPads and an iPhone running iOS 14.5). I can also receive and send with outlook from my Mac. Sent emails from my Mac's mail app appear in the sent section of the mobile devices. But I cannot send from the mobile devices. What gives?

Posted on Jul 17, 2021 2:34 PM

3 replies

Jul 19, 2021 12:34 PM in response to he206

he206,

Did you remove the Outlook mail account entirely and then add it back in the Mail app?

Is the iOS version up to date on your device? If not, back up and Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

If you're still experiencing issues after trying all of the suggestions and updating your device, we would suggest contacting Apple Support. Here's how to Get Support.

Have a nice day.

Jul 19, 2021 11:39 AM in response to karina184

Thanks for you response. I have done what you suggest (including reinstalling the account) to no avail. When I send outlook email from my Mac's mail app - which works properly - I see the sent email on my mobile devices (sharing the same Apple ID), as if they were sent from the mobile. But if I actually wanted to send from the mobile itself, it gets stuck in Outbox. Yet I receive outlook emails on the mobiles' mail app normally, just like on the Mac.

Outlook emails not sending on iOS devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.