Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

syncing videos and photos from iphone to icloud

My iPhone SE's camera and photo's apps behave strangely. The recent photos won't sync to the icloud as they are supposed to. Yet, one of the videos was surprisingly visible in cloud's trash: this was the one I deleted from the phone. There was reasonable amount of time for the videos to upload and mobile internet was always active (I never use wifi on my phone). How can I fix this problem?

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 18, 2021 7:54 AM

5 replies

Jul 22, 2021 8:34 AM in response to matimottus

I'm not sure what you mean by activating the app. Do you mean setting the iCloud photos toggle? That's necessary to sync to iCloud. There is nothing else that you need to do. Sync happens in the background. If you're uploading a lot of video and photo by cellular connection (or even by WiFi), it can take some time and you'll want to ensure your phone does not go into low power mode as that will pause uploads for, I believe, 1 day.

For details, visit https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204264

Jul 18, 2021 10:04 AM in response to SravanKrA

Thanks, this is obvious, but it isn't what I wanted to know. Here is my problem in other words: earlier today I used my phone's camera app to take some photos and videos, but they did not appear in iCloud photos. I waited for a few hours with a good internet connection. I expect the sync happen silently on background after the photos are taken. What could be the reason the system is not doing what it is supposed to do?

Jul 22, 2021 8:18 AM in response to SravanKrA

Eventually figured out the reason of the issue: it seems iCloud photos sync to the cloud only when photos app on the phone is manually activated. In my case, the photos app is pointless in it's functionality, however, the syncing service SHOULD work on background despite the app isn't activated. I wasn't able to find any system settings for enabling/disabling seamless background sync. If there really is none, then hope this flaw is going to be fixed soon, e.g. in the next system update :)

syncing videos and photos from iphone to icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.