Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Read receipts

I have the iPhone 11 with the latest update of 14.2. I have never used read receipts and always keep them turned off, however, all of a sudden people are telling me they can see my read receipts even though they are still turned to off under settings and under the individuals contact. How do I fix this??

Posted on Jul 18, 2021 8:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2021 8:53 AM

Lol! Okay I fixed up my question!

5 replies

Jul 18, 2021 8:59 AM in response to blimi275

I don’t have an answer, but I have seen other similar reports in the last few days in the forum, so it may be a new issue. When did the problem start? Did it coincide with an update, or happen some time after (or before) the most recent update? BTW, the latest update is 14.6, not 14.2, and it may be a problem in 14.2 that was fixed in 14.2.1, 14.3, 14.4, 14.4.1, 14.4.2, 14.5, 14.5.1, or 14.6.

Note that 14.2.1 was specifically a bug-fix release. The other .1 and .2 releases were security updates.

Read receipts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.