Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to back up my data from iPhone to iCloud before buy new iPhone 12?

I try to buy new iPhone 12, and try to back up all the data from my old iPhone 8 to iCloud. The data including photos is about 55 to 60 mb on iPhone 8 and my iCloud capacity is 200gb.

What is best way to back up (move) all the data from iPhone 8 to iCloud (or PC)?

Thanks in advance for help..

Posted on Jul 18, 2021 9:55 AM

8 replies

Jul 18, 2021 10:39 AM in response to blue sky

Cancel the backup and you can start it over again. To make sure wi-fi does not go to sleep, connect the iPhone to power? Do have the time and ability to let this run overnight. Just connect the iPhone to power like you would charge overnight, and start the backup. Unless you have terrible wi-fi, it should not take that long. Before starting it again, I would force restart the iPhone to clear things up. Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

lobsterghost1 has a great idea about your wi-fi and a friend.

Jul 18, 2021 10:33 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thanks for reply.

Yes, it is first time to back up to iCloud. It is not clear we are connected to stable wi fi at home but doesn't have other problem. Also, how can I make sure wi fi does not go to sleep during backup?

Also, the time to be finished to backup is getting increasing. Last night it was 20 hours and now it is more than one day remaining...

Thanks.

How to back up my data from iPhone to iCloud before buy new iPhone 12?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.