Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer data to new Iphone

I got a Iphone warrantied and was trying to transfer my data using the backup I created from the old phone. I am assuming the use of Icloud for my photos and music is screwing up my backups? Apparently all my data is not backing up? Even though that is what option I chose. Twice now!

Either way, any idea on how to tranfer my 40-50GB worth of content not transferring? I do not have high speed internet. I only have the phone for internet and I just burned up my last 20 something gigs of allotted high speed data getting where I am at.

I have used backups before without this issue. Not sure if it's something new, or the changes to storing music and photos in Icloud.

iPhone XS, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 15, 2022 3:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 2:17 PM

Yes, thanks. Doing the research I found this out. Sad because I had all of it downloaded on my old phone. Now it’ll take days- weeks for it to download again. (I don’t have dedicated high speed data). Just think it’s stupid to do it this way. That’s why I put the backup on the computer. Once I get everything sync’d again and know I will not lose any pictures; it’ll be bye bye iCloud storage. Not worth the data loss for downloading/uploading content I already have.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2022 2:17 PM in response to Community User

Yes, thanks. Doing the research I found this out. Sad because I had all of it downloaded on my old phone. Now it’ll take days- weeks for it to download again. (I don’t have dedicated high speed data). Just think it’s stupid to do it this way. That’s why I put the backup on the computer. Once I get everything sync’d again and know I will not lose any pictures; it’ll be bye bye iCloud storage. Not worth the data loss for downloading/uploading content I already have.

Feb 16, 2022 1:48 PM in response to bradley277

Hello bradley277,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! We understand how important it is to have your data available, and we'd like to help out.

To double-check, you restored a backup but your music and iCloud Photos were not restored. Is that right? If so, what you describe sounds like normal behavior, as content that's already stored in iCloud isn't included in your backups: What does iCloud back up?

Check out this link and let us know if it helps: About missing information after you restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iCloud Backup

Best Regards.

Transfer data to new Iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.