Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirDrop in my iPad doesn't find my iPhone

I can share photos and videos using Airdrop from my iPhone to my iPad, however the opposite is not possible. In my iPad the AirDrop says: "No People Found - There is no one nearby to share with".

How can I fix this ?

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on Jul 18, 2021 1:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2021 10:37 AM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities olimpiorascao,

Thank you for contacting us regarding AirDrop. You have come to the right place and we are happy to assist you.  If we understand correctly, you have an older iPad and trying to AirDrop to your iPhone.  We can understand why you’d reach out for a solution. Below are the requirements to AirDrop.

How to use AirDrop on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

"Before you begin

• Make sure that the person you're sending to is nearby and within Bluetooth and Wi-Fi range.
  • Check that you and the person you're sending to have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth turned on. If either of you have Personal Hotspot on, turn it off.
  • Check if the person you're sending to has their AirDrop set to receive from Contacts Only. If they do, and you’re in their Contacts, they need to have your Apple ID's email address or mobile number in your contact card for AirDrop to work.
  • If you're not in their Contacts, have them set their AirDrop receiving setting to Everyone in order to receive the file"
  • The Contacts Only option is available on devices that support iOS 10 and later, iPadOS, and macOS Sierra 10.12 and later. If AirDrop is set to Contacts Only on a device with an earlier software version, you can change the option to Everyone while using AirDrop, then change it back when not in use."

Let us know if the articles above help resolve your issue.

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Communities.

Best regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2021 10:37 AM in response to olimpiorascao

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities olimpiorascao,

Thank you for contacting us regarding AirDrop. You have come to the right place and we are happy to assist you.  If we understand correctly, you have an older iPad and trying to AirDrop to your iPhone.  We can understand why you’d reach out for a solution. Below are the requirements to AirDrop.

How to use AirDrop on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

"Before you begin

• Make sure that the person you're sending to is nearby and within Bluetooth and Wi-Fi range.
  • Check that you and the person you're sending to have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth turned on. If either of you have Personal Hotspot on, turn it off.
  • Check if the person you're sending to has their AirDrop set to receive from Contacts Only. If they do, and you’re in their Contacts, they need to have your Apple ID's email address or mobile number in your contact card for AirDrop to work.
  • If you're not in their Contacts, have them set their AirDrop receiving setting to Everyone in order to receive the file"
  • The Contacts Only option is available on devices that support iOS 10 and later, iPadOS, and macOS Sierra 10.12 and later. If AirDrop is set to Contacts Only on a device with an earlier software version, you can change the option to Everyone while using AirDrop, then change it back when not in use."

Let us know if the articles above help resolve your issue.

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Communities.

Best regards.

AirDrop in my iPad doesn't find my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.