Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can’t I reset my daughter’s iPad without loosing all data. It is quit ridiculous. I really hate Apple for making it so difficult to recover the iPad password.

Need help resetting my daughters iPad. We have lost the IPad password and want to access the password. We don’t want to loose all the data on the iPad.

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi

Posted on Jul 18, 2021 1:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2021 1:47 PM

That password is only stored on the iPad and cannot be recovered. If it's been forgotten, you have to restore the iPad.

iPads can use iCloud to automatically back up nightly, but that feature needs to be enabled by the user. They can also be backed up to iTunes on a computer.

~Lyssa

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2021 1:47 PM in response to DodsonJA

That password is only stored on the iPad and cannot be recovered. If it's been forgotten, you have to restore the iPad.

iPads can use iCloud to automatically back up nightly, but that feature needs to be enabled by the user. They can also be backed up to iTunes on a computer.

~Lyssa

Why can’t I reset my daughter’s iPad without loosing all data. It is quit ridiculous. I really hate Apple for making it so difficult to recover the iPad password.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.