Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Screen Saver on Sony TV

Is there a way I can have my MAC OS14.5 photo gallery Screen Saver visible on my Sony large screen TV? I have Apple TV. Thank you for any assistance...

MacBook Pro 15″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jul 18, 2021 4:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2021 4:17 PM

The Sony Large screen TV should be HDMI.. if you have Apple TV working and connected to your Sony TV, you’re half way there… see if you can use AirPlay or turn on Airplay on your Mac.. and then to the Apple Tv, which is plugged into the Sony Tv.. for photos and videos on your mac, you’d have to make sure both Mac and Apple TV were on the same wifi network, and that Sharing was turned on on your Mac.. that would be how to do it wirelessly.. if you wanted the wired version.. long cable.. miniDisplayPort to HDMI or usb-c to HDMi adapter then long HDMI cable to one of the tv’s HDMI inputs. Connection between tv and mac must be done when both are turned off. Turn on mac first then turn on Sony tv and choose an HDMI input. Go to system prefs then display… then turn on mirroring.. the Sony tv should show up there… how far away is your Mac from the Sony TV??

hope this helps

John B

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2021 4:17 PM in response to Helpmenow1971

The Sony Large screen TV should be HDMI.. if you have Apple TV working and connected to your Sony TV, you’re half way there… see if you can use AirPlay or turn on Airplay on your Mac.. and then to the Apple Tv, which is plugged into the Sony Tv.. for photos and videos on your mac, you’d have to make sure both Mac and Apple TV were on the same wifi network, and that Sharing was turned on on your Mac.. that would be how to do it wirelessly.. if you wanted the wired version.. long cable.. miniDisplayPort to HDMI or usb-c to HDMi adapter then long HDMI cable to one of the tv’s HDMI inputs. Connection between tv and mac must be done when both are turned off. Turn on mac first then turn on Sony tv and choose an HDMI input. Go to system prefs then display… then turn on mirroring.. the Sony tv should show up there… how far away is your Mac from the Sony TV??

hope this helps

John B

Mac Screen Saver on Sony TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.