Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Other..." user login screen pops up when logging into my MacBook Air

When I log in into my user account on MacBook Air, the laptop pops up a screen displaying *another* user log in space (see images below) and thereby not allowing me to use my laptop at all.

What should I do?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Jul 18, 2021 5:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2021 12:18 AM

Try entering the account name of your user, not to be confused with your full name. Then enter your password.

Once signed in, open System Preferences (apple top right > System Preferences), then click Users & Groups, click Login Options in the side panel, click the lock in the bottom left corner of the window to authenticate, then make sure 'Display login window as:' is set to List of Users.

Hope this helps!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2021 12:18 AM in response to abesalazar

Try entering the account name of your user, not to be confused with your full name. Then enter your password.

Once signed in, open System Preferences (apple top right > System Preferences), then click Users & Groups, click Login Options in the side panel, click the lock in the bottom left corner of the window to authenticate, then make sure 'Display login window as:' is set to List of Users.

Hope this helps!

"Other..." user login screen pops up when logging into my MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.