Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Highlight Colours MACOS 10.15.7

I am unable to see create visible Highlight Colours in MACOS 10.15.7. They simply do not show in any docs ... esp. Office 365 MSWord docs. How do I change the level/depth/tone etc. of the colour?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 18, 2021 8:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2021 6:11 PM

After moving the slider to the left to get a brighter colour did you then move the crosshair/ toggle in the centre of the colour wheel from the centre to a colour of your choosing.

Look closely at the screenshot below.

Or perhaps Office 365 has its own preferences for setting highlight colours, have you looked into that.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2021 6:11 PM in response to LJC249

After moving the slider to the left to get a brighter colour did you then move the crosshair/ toggle in the centre of the colour wheel from the centre to a colour of your choosing.

Look closely at the screenshot below.

Or perhaps Office 365 has its own preferences for setting highlight colours, have you looked into that.

Jul 20, 2021 4:54 PM in response to Eau Rouge

I spent some time yesterday evening resetting all prefs in Office 365, then my email app. I shut down iMac, rebooted, and reset the System Prefs again. I have now ended up with a more workable colour range, and have been able to set a favourite highlight tone which is in the Olive Green range. Although the general highlight colours are still very light, they now work well on the desktop and in all apps with the exception of MSWord in Office 365. However, at least I can now see it, so that is useful. Thank you for your time.

Highlight Colours MACOS 10.15.7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.