Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can’t I update my iOS?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 18, 2021 10:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2021 10:29 PM

emodo Said:

"Why can’t I update my iOS?"

-------

Restart Frist:

This is typical if there is not much free space on you iPhone. So, create more space.

Once Removed...

Manually Restart your iPhone:

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Select: General
  3. Scroll to: the Very Bottom
  4. Select: Shut Down
  5. Slide Finger: to the Right
  6. Wait: 30 Seconds
  7. Power One: the iPhone
  8. Try this Once More

If of No Success...

Clearing Space on the iPhone:

There may just not be enough empty space. So, try emptying some more of it. Many system resources may be being used by unnecessary items. So, you need more internal storage space. Consider performing the following...

A. Clean TV and Music Libraries:

Remove all unneeded files from your TV and Music Libraries. Full-Movies take up 2-4GB typically, and a bunch of those would take up a load of storage, ideally. So, if you have any movies that are not needed, then delete them.

Also..

B. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

Clear your Temporary Internet Files(Cookies & Cache) of Safari:

C. Clear "Other":

Clear the storages named "Other". It basically contains unnecessary files such as caches that are used for system ease of use - all of which gather over time: How to Clear "Other" in your iPhone's Storage - Use Backup - User Tip

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2021 10:29 PM in response to emodo

emodo Said:

"Why can’t I update my iOS?"

-------

Restart Frist:

This is typical if there is not much free space on you iPhone. So, create more space.

Once Removed...

Manually Restart your iPhone:

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Select: General
  3. Scroll to: the Very Bottom
  4. Select: Shut Down
  5. Slide Finger: to the Right
  6. Wait: 30 Seconds
  7. Power One: the iPhone
  8. Try this Once More

If of No Success...

Clearing Space on the iPhone:

There may just not be enough empty space. So, try emptying some more of it. Many system resources may be being used by unnecessary items. So, you need more internal storage space. Consider performing the following...

A. Clean TV and Music Libraries:

Remove all unneeded files from your TV and Music Libraries. Full-Movies take up 2-4GB typically, and a bunch of those would take up a load of storage, ideally. So, if you have any movies that are not needed, then delete them.

Also..

B. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

Clear your Temporary Internet Files(Cookies & Cache) of Safari:

C. Clear "Other":

Clear the storages named "Other". It basically contains unnecessary files such as caches that are used for system ease of use - all of which gather over time: How to Clear "Other" in your iPhone's Storage - Use Backup - User Tip

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.