Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does the Apple Watch SE have an ambient light setting?

If it does is it possible to disable this feature? I noticed sometimes my watch is not as bright when I raise my hand but then it the brightness seems to get better over time. Would like to just have the same set brightness since I was used to this in the Apple Watch Series 2. Don't know if this is a feature or the watch is faulty.

Apple Watch

Posted on Jul 19, 2021 6:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2021 2:09 PM

Are you serious? Correct me if I’m wrong, but I have to take my phone out and shine the light at my watch to get the screen bright enough for me to read it properly in an indoor lighting environment. I mean no disrespect but this is one of the silliest solutions to a device issue I’ve read on this forum. If you have any actual influence with Apple designers please have them find a resolution to the issue vs. offering a less then useable solution. Thank you.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2021 2:09 PM in response to Community User

Are you serious? Correct me if I’m wrong, but I have to take my phone out and shine the light at my watch to get the screen bright enough for me to read it properly in an indoor lighting environment. I mean no disrespect but this is one of the silliest solutions to a device issue I’ve read on this forum. If you have any actual influence with Apple designers please have them find a resolution to the issue vs. offering a less then useable solution. Thank you.

Aug 8, 2021 9:13 AM in response to Community User

It’s very unfortunate that the setting cannot be turned off, I can barely see the screen indoors and I have it at its brightest setting. I’ve not had this issue on the previous two Apple Watches I’ve owned, and I would recommend strongly against someone purchasing this model with this very poorly designed feature. For context I do not have poor eyesight, cataracts or any other vision issues, just apparently a poorly designed ambient light sensor.

Aug 8, 2021 9:47 AM in response to Bhealy1013

Workaround;

As soon as your Apple Watch screen starts to go dim:

Take out your iPhone

Open Control Center and enable Flashlight

Point the light directly at your watch screen

This will get the watch to its full brightness setting in a dark room or places with lack of light.

Jul 19, 2021 6:29 AM in response to Sakenu

The ambient light sensor adjusts your screen brightness to match the surrounding area,there is no setting or configuration for this.

Does the Apple Watch SE have an ambient light setting?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.