Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch SE Auto Brightness

Why is there no option to disable auto brightness? I am tired of my screen being unreasonably dim even in a bright environment.

Apple Watch SE

Posted on Apr 7, 2022 3:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2022 8:13 PM

Well then here’s to hoping the apple designers chooses to re-add the option to disable it. I can understand that being a wearable it needs to conserve as much battery as possible, but for someone like me who prefers to fully use and enjoy the display that I paid for, it is aggravating. I could’ve sworn I had it on my last Apple Watch, so I see no reason why it’s not on this one.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2022 8:13 PM in response to sberman

Well then here’s to hoping the apple designers chooses to re-add the option to disable it. I can understand that being a wearable it needs to conserve as much battery as possible, but for someone like me who prefers to fully use and enjoy the display that I paid for, it is aggravating. I could’ve sworn I had it on my last Apple Watch, so I see no reason why it’s not on this one.

Apr 7, 2022 7:38 PM in response to sberman

Thank you for your reply, but I am referring to automatic brightness. On the iPhone, you can disable it by going to Settings<Accessibility<Display&Text<Auto-Brightness. However on the Apple Watch there doesn’t seem to be an option to do so, even though it clearly has automatic brightness turned on. If I shine a light on the screen, it’ll get bright. Otherwise, it’s unreasonably dim for “max brightness.”

Apple Watch SE Auto Brightness

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.