Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Photos

I have successfully transferred my photos to my new iMac. When I plug in my new iPad to sync photos to it, it does not see my photos library. What should I do?

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi

Posted on Jul 19, 2021 8:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2021 5:52 PM

Did you mark the library as the System Photo Library?

In Photos > Preferences... > General, is the "Use as System Photo Library" button dimmed?

If it is not dimmed, click it, which should make it dim.

I'm not sure what "When the iPad looks for the photos it shows the exact location but the library is grayed out" means.

Are you using the Finder to sync photos to the iPad? The Finder will know where to find library because it is marked as the System Photo Library.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2021 5:52 PM in response to CaboKev

Did you mark the library as the System Photo Library?

In Photos > Preferences... > General, is the "Use as System Photo Library" button dimmed?

If it is not dimmed, click it, which should make it dim.

I'm not sure what "When the iPad looks for the photos it shows the exact location but the library is grayed out" means.

Are you using the Finder to sync photos to the iPad? The Finder will know where to find library because it is marked as the System Photo Library.

Jul 20, 2021 9:20 PM in response to markwmsn

Marking the library was the fix. Thank You so much!

NOW,,,, can you help fix the music issue I have with the iPad volume output being so dramatically differant between songs. I have "sound check" selected but it does not seem to work, there are a few that make me run across the shop to turn down the volume before it blows the speakers or my windows!

I'm connecting My iPad to an Onkyo receiver for shop tunes

iPad Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.