Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Annoying pop up on iPad

All of a sudden I keep getting a pop-up every time I go on the Internet “Do you want to download “no_match_opted_out”? I have turned my iPad off and on, and I have done a hard reset. I don’t know what else to do to get rid of this annoying problem. Any suggestions on how I can get rid of this pop-up?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jul 19, 2021 5:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2021 1:12 AM

First, you should clear your Safari History and Website data:

Settings > Safari > Clear History & Website Data

Next, to add a useful degree of protection from malicious websites and links, you would be well advised to consider installing a good Content blocker. One of the very best and most respected within the Apple App Store - designed for iPad, iPhone and Mac - is 1Blocker for Safari.

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/1blocker-for-safari/id1365531024

1Blocker is highly configurable - and crucially does not rely upon an external proxy-service of dubious provenance. All processing takes place on your device - and contrary to expectations, Safari will run faster and more efficiently. 

Unwanted and potentially malicious content is not simply filtered after download (a technique used by basic/inferior products), but instead undesirable embedded content blocked from download. A further benefit on metered services, such as cellular connections where you data may be capped or chargeable, this not only improves speed but also saves you money.

1Blocker has also introduced its new “Firewall” functions - that are explicitly designed to block “trackers”. Being implemented at the network-layer, this additional protection works across all Apps.

Content Blockers, such as 1Blocker, are not a “silver bullet”, but do offer a useful level of defence.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2021 1:12 AM in response to Lorden88

First, you should clear your Safari History and Website data:

Settings > Safari > Clear History & Website Data

Next, to add a useful degree of protection from malicious websites and links, you would be well advised to consider installing a good Content blocker. One of the very best and most respected within the Apple App Store - designed for iPad, iPhone and Mac - is 1Blocker for Safari.

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/1blocker-for-safari/id1365531024

1Blocker is highly configurable - and crucially does not rely upon an external proxy-service of dubious provenance. All processing takes place on your device - and contrary to expectations, Safari will run faster and more efficiently. 

Unwanted and potentially malicious content is not simply filtered after download (a technique used by basic/inferior products), but instead undesirable embedded content blocked from download. A further benefit on metered services, such as cellular connections where you data may be capped or chargeable, this not only improves speed but also saves you money.

1Blocker has also introduced its new “Firewall” functions - that are explicitly designed to block “trackers”. Being implemented at the network-layer, this additional protection works across all Apps.

Content Blockers, such as 1Blocker, are not a “silver bullet”, but do offer a useful level of defence.

Annoying pop up on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.