Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot play music while open facebook

my problem is when I play music then I want to open facebook, music will automatically off.

Posted on Jul 19, 2021 6:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2021 6:53 PM

I just fixed mine. If you go to settings and go to media and you should see in app sound. That should be blue.

*** If it is blue then turn it off and close the app completely. Then open it back and make sure that it’s blue again. Hopefully that should work. It’s worked for me. Before I had to turn it off to fix this problem but after the update I had to go and turn it back on. Super weird!

42 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2021 6:53 PM in response to ismoen

I just fixed mine. If you go to settings and go to media and you should see in app sound. That should be blue.

*** If it is blue then turn it off and close the app completely. Then open it back and make sure that it’s blue again. Hopefully that should work. It’s worked for me. Before I had to turn it off to fix this problem but after the update I had to go and turn it back on. Super weird!

Jul 20, 2021 1:11 PM in response to ismoen

Hello ismoen,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

We understand that when you are playing music on your iPhone and you open Facebook, the music will stop playing. The first thing to understand is that Facebook is also an app that can play music or sound content and the iPhone is not able to play music or sound from two different apps at the same time.

If you open Facebook and navigate to a post that has sound content, look for the small microphone icon in the corner of the image. If the icon shows the small sound arcs from the speaker symbol, it is set to play sound. Even if the sound is not currently playing.

If you tap that icon so that there is a small 'x' on the speaker symbol, your music should continue to play. Try this and let us know how it goes.

Best regards.

Cannot play music while open facebook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.