Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery degradation

Hi whats the expected battery life for a Iphone 11? Mines a year old and only capable of 82% and barely lasts 5 hrs.

i have 99% apps not geo linked, and 99% apps prevented from back ground re-fresh yet battery is useless!

Posted on Jul 19, 2021 9:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2021 9:30 PM

Battery life will depend on how you use and charge your device. This may help https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208387

3 replies

Jul 19, 2021 9:41 PM in response to muguy

Yeah ive done all that before I posted. Funny thing is the battery seems to die way quicker with the latest IOS upgrade that which was updated over night while on charge.

Today i have made 3 calls for under 2 mins, and 10 emails, am using wifi only and geo off and down to 10% battery after only a modest 6hrs off the charger! I wouldnt want to go tramping with a Iphone! After the XS issues and a upgrade to 11 im wondering why i bother with Iphones gping forward. Time to change brands.

Jul 19, 2021 9:48 PM in response to XSFrustration

It's all perspective. My battery health is a little over 80 percent (which is of course, just an estimate). And, I optimize charging and usually leave the house with 80 percent charged (give or take). It's more art than science but assuming a fresh out of the box battery time of 11 hours. I just do the math.

80% of 11 hours = 8+ hours

80% of 8+ hours = 6.5+/- hours of charge.

I know that's not exactly how it works but it gives me an idea of how to set my expectations.

Battery degradation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.