Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My airtags are not showing up on the Find My app on Mac

I had them showing on my Mac before. Somethign broke and it kept asking for my password until it eventually stopped asking, then only issue was the airtags will not show up on Find My, only a "Learn More..." button that does nothing more than to describe how to pair tags to my phone.

I read that others in community had the same problem but it show up after about 2 hours. Mine had been a week and still not showing on my Mac yet, It shows on iphone and ipad though. How do I get it back on my Find My app please?

I have Big Sur 11.4

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Jul 20, 2021 12:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2021 7:32 PM

Hey there woolf168,

Being able to locate your AirTags from any device is important, and we'd like to help.

Let's start with better understanding what's happening, along with ruling out some basics:

1. You mentioned having no issues with both your iPhone and iPad, but are both up to date? If you have compatible models, the latest are iOS 14.7 and iPadOS 14.6. Just in case, this link shows how to first back them up, then update both devices: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
  2. While macOS 11.4 is the latest version for macOS Big Sur, we still recommend checking for any other possible supplemental updates. Here's how to first Back up your Mac with Time Machine, and afterwards, here's How to update the software on your Mac.
  3. Are you using two-factor authentication with your Apple ID? Here are more details about this: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID
  4. If you've already checked the above, have you also tried a restart of your Mac? If not, check out the section 'Restart' here: Log out, sleep, wake, restart, or shut down your Mac

We look forward to hearing back from you about these details. Take care until then!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2021 7:32 PM in response to woolf168

Hey there woolf168,

Being able to locate your AirTags from any device is important, and we'd like to help.

Let's start with better understanding what's happening, along with ruling out some basics:

1. You mentioned having no issues with both your iPhone and iPad, but are both up to date? If you have compatible models, the latest are iOS 14.7 and iPadOS 14.6. Just in case, this link shows how to first back them up, then update both devices: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
  2. While macOS 11.4 is the latest version for macOS Big Sur, we still recommend checking for any other possible supplemental updates. Here's how to first Back up your Mac with Time Machine, and afterwards, here's How to update the software on your Mac.
  3. Are you using two-factor authentication with your Apple ID? Here are more details about this: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID
  4. If you've already checked the above, have you also tried a restart of your Mac? If not, check out the section 'Restart' here: Log out, sleep, wake, restart, or shut down your Mac

We look forward to hearing back from you about these details. Take care until then!

My airtags are not showing up on the Find My app on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.