Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App recovery after IOS upgrade

How do I recover apps no longer supported by recent IOS upgrades? I am trying to reach the developer as I have ten years worth of writing content in the following apps, My Journal and My Thoughts. I am an iPad user and just need some direction on how to reach the Developer. Thanks for any suggestions you have.

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jul 20, 2021 4:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2021 4:35 AM

See >>> How to contact an app developer – Apple Support

If an App Developer has abandoned support for their App, the App may be withdrawn from the App Store - and may not be available for download/installation. Likewise, if the Developer has dropped support for the App, they may not be contactable or be providing any legacy support.

A sad reality of software products is that support or availability cannot be guaranteed beyond the App’s own “lifespan”. As such, where data is associated (or only formatted for use) with a single App, you always risk the possibility of losing access to App-specific data if the product loses support by the respective developer.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2021 4:35 AM in response to Arthurstreetstudios

See >>> How to contact an app developer – Apple Support

If an App Developer has abandoned support for their App, the App may be withdrawn from the App Store - and may not be available for download/installation. Likewise, if the Developer has dropped support for the App, they may not be contactable or be providing any legacy support.

A sad reality of software products is that support or availability cannot be guaranteed beyond the App’s own “lifespan”. As such, where data is associated (or only formatted for use) with a single App, you always risk the possibility of losing access to App-specific data if the product loses support by the respective developer.

App recovery after IOS upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.