Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big circle at the back of my iPhone 12 Pro Max

Hello. I have a big circle at the back of my iphone 12 pro max that looks like a finger print but it’s not. I used dettol wipes the other day! Any ideas how I can get rid of this pls?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 20, 2021 9:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2021 8:42 AM

Greetings, Aminatuu.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. We can understand why you’d want to figure out what’s causing the damage to your iPhone. 

You mentioned using Dettol wipes. Per Apple: “Your iPhone has a fingerprint-resistant oleophobic — oil repellent — coating. Cleaning products and abrasive materials will diminish the coating and might scratch your iPhone. ” Cleaning your iPhone

At this point it would be best to Contact Apple Support to explore your options. 

We hope this helps! Thank you for being a part of the community. 

Best wishes. 

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2021 8:42 AM in response to Aminatuu

Greetings, Aminatuu.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. We can understand why you’d want to figure out what’s causing the damage to your iPhone. 

You mentioned using Dettol wipes. Per Apple: “Your iPhone has a fingerprint-resistant oleophobic — oil repellent — coating. Cleaning products and abrasive materials will diminish the coating and might scratch your iPhone. ” Cleaning your iPhone

At this point it would be best to Contact Apple Support to explore your options. 

We hope this helps! Thank you for being a part of the community. 

Best wishes. 

Big circle at the back of my iPhone 12 Pro Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.